Virat Kohli is one of the most followed sportsmen on social media all across the globe.
Virat Kohli continues to promote cricket, making him arguably the world’s most famous cricketer. The star batsman, who recently equaled Sachin Tendulkar’s ODI century record, is included in a list of the 10 greatest athletes ever in sports history. The Indian cricketer is the only one on the list, alongside athletes such as Muhammad Ali, Cristiano Cristiano, Lionel Messi and Mike Tyson.
The list, which was released by Pubity Sports, saw cricket great ranked at the 5th spot. Virat Kohli’s ranking was shocking. He was ranked ahead of the GOATs of his respective sports.
Kohli outshone Usain (the fastest man in the world), Mike Tyson (arguably one of the greatest heavyweight boxers of all time), LeBron (one of basketball’s most accomplished players), Serena Williams, (the most decorated tennis player of the Open Era), Michael Phelps, (the most decorated Olympic athlete of all times).
List of Virat Kohli’s achievement
- Most matches as Test Captain for India: 68
- 4th Most runs in a career: 26310
- Most runs in T20Is (4008)
- Most fifties in T20Is (38)
- 2nd Most 100s in a career: 78
- Most ODI hundreds: 49
- Most man of the series in cricket (20)
- 4th Most 50s in a career: 215
- 2nd Most 100s in a calendar year: 11
- Most player of the series awards in T20Is (7)
- Most 50s in T20Is (38)