Brazil will be missing Neymar Jr. because of a horrific injury from which he has yet to recover.
Brazil vs Colombia Live: World Cup Qualifiers LIVE – BRA vs COL LIVE – Brazil travels to Colombia determined to salvage its World Cup qualifying campaign. Selecao’s 37-game unbeaten streak ended in World Cup qualifying when they lost to Uruguay last month. They have now gone 2 games without winning. Colombia has not lost in 15 of their last 16 matches, across all competitions. They are also unbeaten so far in the campaign with a win and three draws. They will be looking to improve their standing in the 10-nation CONMEBOL table.
Brazil lost its last match against Uruguay, their first World Cup qualifiers match since 2015. This loss came after a draw of 1-1 against Venezuela in their previous match. This ended their poor October form.
Selecao has recorded 1 draw, 2 victories, and 1 defeat in this qualifying campaign. They are now in 3rd, 5 points back of the table-toppers Argentina. They will be looking to return to winning ways, and improve their CONMEBOL 10-nation ranking in the meantime.
Watch Germany & Bayern Munich legend Oliver Kahn return to India after 15 years
Check ISL-2023-24 Points Table
Oliver Kahn, the legendary Oliver Kahn, is welcomed by AIFF President Kalyan Chanbey ahead of his stay in India
After failing to qualify for the World Cup in 2014, Colombia is performing well. Since losing to Argentina in February of last year, Colombia has won 15 consecutive games. They have won their first World Cup qualifiers game against Venezuela.
Since then they’ve drawn against Chile and Uruguay. FIFA has ranked them 17th and they will be facing Brazil for the first match in two years. They have also failed to beat Selecao on seven occasions, but now will look to break this record.
Brazil World Cup Qualifier Form
W W D L
Brazil Form in all Competitions
W L W W D L
Colombia World Cup Qualifier Form
W D D
Colombia Form in All Competitions
W W W D D D
Brazil Team News
- Both right-back Santiago Arias, and Zenit St Petersburg’s attacker Mateo Cassiera, have withdrawn from the National Team due to injuries. In the absence Arias, FC Cincinnati’s Yeeson Mosquera is expected to fill the right-side spot of the back four.
- The coach called up Liverpool’s winger Luis Diaz after he reunited with father less than a fortnight ago. His father was freed after 12 days of captivity. Diaz is expected to join Rafael Santos Borre (on loan from Werder Bremen) and Bournemouth-loanee Luis Sinisterra (on loan from Bournemouth) in the final third.
- Richard Rios, Jhon Arais, and James Rodriguez, all from Sao Paulo, have been selected to play in the matches of this month. All three should start in the middle of the field.
Colombia Team News
- Brazil is also dealing with injuries. Ederson was forced to withdraw with a foot problem. The goalkeeper joins Richarlison and Casemiro in the sidelines. Gabriel Jesus, on the other hand has missed Arsenal’s last 5 matches due to muscle issues. He is still selected for this match.
- Jesus’s participation will depend on the late assessment of Jesus’s injury. In the absence of Ederson the Selecao coach would line up Alisson Becker under the bar from the start whistle. The coach may also start Emerson Royal in the right-back position, along with Carlos Augusto and Gabriel Magalhaes.
- Andre, a Fluminense player, has been added to the squad. However, he will have to compete for a starting position in the midfield with Douglas Luiz or Joelinton. The coach has also selected uncapped players Atletico Mineiro’s Paulinho and Brighton’s Joao Pores, who could make their debut against Colombia.
- Endrick, a 17-year-old Palmeiras player, was also called up by the coach. Rodrygo, a Real Madrid duo, and Vinicius Jr. could be in competition for the youngster’s place. The coach also has two more options in the final third – Barcelona’s Raphinha and Arsenal’s Gabriel Martinelli who has also missed a few matches for the Gunners with an unspecified injury.
Match – Brazil vs Colombia
Date – 17th November, 2023
Time – 5:30 AM IST
Live Telecast – Unfortunately, this match will not air on any TV channel. FanCode will broadcast all World Cup qualifying matches.
Live Streaming – FanCode will stream Brazil vs Colombia. After subscribing, fans will be able watch the live stream.
Brazil Predicted XI: Alisson; Emerson, Marquinhos, Gabriel, Augusto; Guimaraes, Andre, Joelinton; Rodrygo, Pedro, Vinicius Jr
Colombia Predicted: Montero; Mosquera, Cuesta, Sanchez, Machado; Uribe, Lerma; J. Arias, Rodriguez, Dias; Borre