Spain will be without Pedri and other players, including Marco Asensio.
Spain vs Cyprus Live: ESP vs CYP LIVE – Cyprus, the bottom group of Group A in the Euro 2024 qualification campaign, welcomes Spain for its final match. Spain has already qualified to the Euro 2024 Finals with only two matches remaining. Georgia will be their final opponent after their match with Cyprus. Cyprus, on the other hand is at the bottom of their table and has one of the worst defensive records in the competition. They will be eager to finish the campaign as quickly as possible.
Spain has qualified for the Euro 2024 finals despite only having 2 games left. They have earned 15 out of 18 possible points. La Roja has the same number of points as Scotland, who is ranked 2nd after 6 matches. Both teams have the same head-tohead record.
Spain is therefore ahead in the table, with a higher goal difference. Luis de la Fuente must aim to finish the Euro 2024 qualifying campaign at the top of the table for a better draw. Hence, it is expected that they will give their best against Cyprus.
Watch Germany & Bayern Munich legend Oliver Kahn return to India after 15 years
Check ISL-2023-24 Points Table
Oliver Kahn is greeted by AIFF President Kalyan Chabey before his visit to India
Cyprus will likely drown again despite their best efforts. Cyprus has become the whipping boy for all teams in Group A after seven defeats across all seven matches.
San Marino has conceded 26 goals. They have also been let down by their attack, with only two goals scored in seven matches. They will try to stop their attempts to qualify for Euro 2024 after 15 years of futility.
Spain Euro 2024 Qualifiers Form
W L W W W W
Spain Form in All Competitions
W W W W W W
Cyprus Form in All Competitions
Spain Team News
- Cyprus has only managed to score two goals in this campaign. The last time Cyprus faced Spain they lost 6-0. Pieros Sotiriou will not be available for this match, which will make it harder for them. The attacker is the joint third-highest goalscorer for their team with 12 goals.
- Demetris Christofi – their veteran attacker, who has scored nine goals for the country to date – will also be unavailable for this match. Loizos Loizou (20) will have to perform under much greater pressure in the final quarter. The youngster is only able to show one goal from his 25 appearances with Cyprus.
Cyprus Team News
- Contrary to other European nations, Spain has not had any players withdraw from the squad. De la Fuente chose to select certain players and some players will miss the matches due injuries.
- Kepa Arrizabalaga, Pedri and Alejandro Balde are all expected to miss the match. With these players set to miss the match, the coach has called up four uncapped players – Rodrigo Riquelme, Alex Grimaldo, Aleix Garcia, and Alex Remiro.
- Jose Gaya, a left-back from the team, is trying to recover quickly after a minor problem. He was linked with the team. Alex Grimaldo could make his debut if he can’t make it.
- Lamine Yamal, a young Barcelona player, will showcase his talent to the world in Fati’s absence. Pau Torres, who has had a fantastic start to the season at Aston Villa, could take advantage of Laporte’s absence.
Match – Spain vs Cyprus
Date – 16th November 2023
Time – 10:30 PM IST
Live Telecast – Sony Pictures Network will have the broadcasting rights to the Euro 2024 Qualifiers. The Euro 2024 Qualifiers can be watched live in India on Sony Ten 2 HD or Sony Six. The channel can be telecast on all service providers in India. You can contact DTH providers to get the channel going.
Live Streaming – The Sony Liv App will allow you to stream the channel at any time, anywhere. The digital platform that will be streaming the channel live is the Sony Liv App. Subscribe to the Sony LIV App for the streaming of fixtures. Jio TV and FanCode subscribers will also be able to stream the matches.
Spain vs Cyprus Probable XI
Spain Predicted: Simon; Carvajal, Torres, Le Normand, Grimaldo; Merino, Rodri, Gavi; Yamal, Morata, Oyarzabal
Cyprus Predicted: Panagi; Andreou; Karo, Kyprianou; Gogic, Ioannou, Kyriakou Charalampous Kousoulos, Loizou Kastanos