Lionel Messi, the winner of the Ballon d’Or, is set to play in his first match.
Argentina vs Uruguay Live: World Cup Qualifiers LIVE – ARG vs URU LIVE – Argentina will be looking to extend its 100% win record against Uruguay in the World Cup qualifying campaign. La Albicelestes, who have won all their matches during the campaign, are currently at the top table of their 10-nation team after winning their entire campaign. La Celestes is 5 points behind in 2nd position. Uruguay will try to maintain their position to qualify automatically. Argentina, on the other hand will try to increase their lead at the top.
Argentina is coming into this match after a winning streak of 14 matches in all competitions. Argentina has won eight matches after their World Cup Final win against France. In their last 4 World Cup qualifying matches, Argentina has defeated Bolivia, Paraguay and Ecuador.
After their match against Uruguay, they will face Brazil. After their match with Uruguay, they will play Brazil. La Albicelestes have the odds in favor after winning their last 3 matches versus La Celestes.
Watch Germany & Bayern Munich legend Oliver Kahn return to India after 15 years
Check ISL 2023-24 points table
Oliver Kahn, the legendary Oliver Kahn, is welcomed by AIFF President Kalyan Chanbey ahead of his stay in India
Uruguay has won 2, drawn 1, and lost 1 matchs in the campaign. They are 5 points behind Las Albicelestes in the table and occupy 2nd place. They are concerned that they are level with Venezuela and Brazil with 7 points, and only 3 points ahead in 8th place of Chile.
At this time, they can’t afford to lose points. The last time they beat Argentina was in October 2013. The last time they beat La Albicelestes Argentina was in July 1987.
Argentina World Cup Qualifier Form
W W W W
Argentina Form in all Competitions
W W W W W W
Uruguay World Cup Qualifier Form
W L D
Uruguay Form in All Competitions
W W W L D W
Argentina Team News
- Lionel Scaloni called up the left back from Olympiacos, and the right back from Mallorca Pablo Maffeo to the first time of their careers. Both defenders may make their match debuts in some capacity.
- It’s been only 2 weeks since Lionel Messi’s 8th Ballon d’Or, a record. He is expected to continue playing in the final third, where Nicolas Gonzalez and Julian Alvarez may join him. Emiliano Martnez, the Yashin Trophy-winning goalkeeper of this year, is expected to make his 35th appearance for Argentina.
- At the center of defense, Cristian Romero should start and Nicolas Otamendi second. The coach has shown to prefer Rodrigo De Paul in midfield, Alexis Mac Allister and Enzo Fernandez. This trio should start in this match.
Uruguay Team News
- Marcelo Bielsa may want to field the same team as the one that beat Brazil for the first 22 years. This will see Barcelona defender Ronald Araujo hooking up the defense line with Mathias Olivera and Sebastian Caceres.
- Both PSG’s Manuel Ugarte, and Real Madrid’s Federico Valverde are expected to start at the central midfield. Matias Vecino may be forced to leave the match so that they can start. Nicolas de la Cruz, of River Plate, should also start at the No. 10 position.
- Edinson cavani has a muscular issue that will keep him out of both Uruguay’s matches this month. Luis Suarez returns to the squad, but for the first time after the World Cup in 2014. The 36-year old striker will face his former teammate Lionel Messi, either replacing Nunez or playing alongside him in the final third.
Match – Argentina vs Uruguay
Date – 17th November 2023
Time – 5:30 AM IST
Live Telecast – Unfortunately, there will be no broadcast on any TV Channel. FanCode will broadcast all World Cup qualifying matches.
Live Streaming – FanCode will stream Argentina vs Uruguay. Subscribers will have access to the live streaming of the matches.
Argentina Predicted: E. Martinez; Molina, Romero, Otamendi, Tagliafico; Mac Allister, Fernandez, De Paul; Messi, Alvarez, Gonzalez
Uruguay Predicted XI Richet; Nandez, R. Araujo, Caceres, M. Olivera; Ugarte, Valverde; Pellistri, De la Cruz, Rodriguez; Nunez